Help My 1-Year-Old Daughter Fight Critical Mid-Gut Disorder | Milaap
This is a supporting campaign. Contributions made to this campaign will go towards the main campaign.

Help My 1-Year-Old Daughter Fight Critical Mid-Gut Disorder


I am Ravikumar from Hyderabad. I am writing to you to seek your help for my 1 year old daughter. She has been fighting a battle with medical abnormalities since she was 5 months old. She suffers from a rare disorder of Malrotation with Mid-gut Volvulus with Adhesive Intestinal Obstruction. My baby girl has undergone 4 major surgeries without much success. 

She was discharged from the hospital in the month of November 2016 with home TPN. She was treated at home for month and half then she fell in sick. Currently, she is being treated by the Doctors of Rainbow Children’s Hospital at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad. 

She is currently on a ventilator. But Doctors are very hopeful about her recovery with aggressive course of treatment. However the treatment requires at least 15-20 lakhs for surgeries, tests, TPN (Total Parental Nutrition) and hospital expenses. I have already spent Rs. 20 lakhs and have exhausted all my loan options. I struggling to keep up with piling bills. Here I am, requesting you all to help me save my little daughter. 

With lots of hope, 
Ravikumar 
 
Lakshmi Maanvi's medical summary report
Lakshmi Maanvi's medical summary report
Out of Ventilator and shifted to ward
Out of Ventilator and shifted to ward
Helping her to gain weight and body mass with the TPN
Helping her to gain weight and body mass with the TPN
Ask for an update
10th December 2018
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share an update with you all regarding my daughter's health/recovery, she gained about 2-3 kgs within in this 2 years and we are bit happy to see her in this condition when compared to the worst situation she has been through. However, her health condition is not stable always and doctors are not much satisfied with the stoma (Ileostomy). 

Per recent visit to the doctors need to hold on for another 4-6 months for further surgery because still they see there is a dis-motility issue and stools are not passing through Anus. Also they huge developmental delay. They have recommended for Neurologist,  speech and physiotherapy consultations.

We will meet the Neurologist in the month of Feb'2019 for further neuro related diagnostics.

Thanks again,
Ravi
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share an update with you all regarding my daughter's health/recovery, she gained about 2-3 kgs within in this 2 years and we are bit happy to see her in this condition when compared to the worst situation she has been through. However, her health condition is not stable always and doctors are not much satisfied with the stoma (Ileostomy). 

Per recent visit to the doctors need to hold on for another 4-6 months for further surgery because still they see there is a dis-motility issue and stools are not passing through Anus. Also they huge developmental delay. They have recommended for Neurologist,  speech and physiotherapy consultations.

We will meet the Neurologist in the month of Feb'2019 for further neuro related diagnostics.

Thanks again,
Ravi
12th July 2018
Dear supporters,

My daughter is bit doing well from the past few months. During our last visit to the hospital Doctors confirmed that her intestines are not yet recovered from dis-motility we need to wait for another year or so to re-attempt for Stoma Closure.

Due to long usage of TPN they have observed one side effect (Which they have expected) so far that is her Eye Ball movement is not moving to the both ends and caused Squint, which requires surgery to correct the Squint for her eyes; however, we are holding it off for now.

We want her to be completely recovered from the main disease then we will proceed with the side effects part. Hopefully, she will not develop any other side effects.

Thanks again for your support and prayers.

Regards,
Ravi
Dear supporters,

My daughter is bit doing well from the past few months. During our last visit to the hospital Doctors confirmed that her intestines are not yet recovered from dis-motility we need to wait for another year or so to re-attempt for Stoma Closure.

Due to long usage of TPN they have observed one side effect (Which they have expected) so far that is her Eye Ball movement is not moving to the both ends and caused Squint, which requires surgery to correct the Squint for her eyes; however, we are holding it off for now.

We want her to be completely recovered from the main disease then we will proceed with the side effects part. Hopefully, she will not develop any other side effects.

Thanks again for your support and prayers.

Regards,
Ravi
24th April 2018
My Dear Supporters,

Without your tremendous support we will not be able to come all the way what we are going though now. Post "ileostomy" we have waited for more than 1 year to a call on next surgery which is required to close the stoma. In our followup visit Surgeon and Gastroenterology Team suggested to close the stoma on a temporary basis so that we will come to know how far the "ileostomy" helped her to recover from the Mid-gut dis-motility disorder if everything goes well then can proceed with the permanent closure part. They have closed the stoma temporary and  and we have monitored for 2 days, sad part is it did give any positive indication towards permanent closure and resulted with high blood infection (CRP >90). High temperature levels at 105 and seizure were observed.

Doctors confirmed that her intestines are not yet recovered from dis-motility then they re-opened the stoma. Currently she is in the hospital for Seizure management and we need to wait for another year or so to re-attempt for Stoma Closure.

I will keep you all posted about her condition.

Thanks again for your support and prayers.

Regards,
Ravi. V


My Dear Supporters,

Without your tremendous support we will not be able to come all the way what we are going though now. Post "ileostomy" we have waited for more than 1 year to a call on next surgery which is required to close the stoma. In our followup visit Surgeon and Gastroenterology Team suggested to close the stoma on a temporary basis so that we will come to know how far the "ileostomy" helped her to recover from the Mid-gut dis-motility disorder if everything goes well then can proceed with the permanent closure part. They have closed the stoma temporary and  and we have monitored for 2 days, sad part is it did give any positive indication towards permanent closure and resulted with high blood infection (CRP >90). High temperature levels at 105 and seizure were observed.

Doctors confirmed that her intestines are not yet recovered from dis-motility then they re-opened the stoma. Currently she is in the hospital for Seizure management and we need to wait for another year or so to re-attempt for Stoma Closure.

I will keep you all posted about her condition.

Thanks again for your support and prayers.

Regards,
Ravi. V


Content Disclaimer: The facts and opinions, expressed in this fundraiser page are those of the campaign organiser or users, and not Milaap.
Rs.17,160
raised of Rs.30,000 goal

9 Supporters

Beneficiary: Ravikumar V info_outline

Supporters (9)

A
Anonymous donated Rs.5,000
S
Seneter donated Rs.200

All the best Ash.

A
Anonymous donated US $10
A
Anonymous donated Rs.500
NK
Naveen donated Rs.2,500

God bless you baby. Hope you have a fast recovery.

A
Anonymous donated Rs.1,000