• Individuals who have had to evacuate campus and require travel reimbursements if not reimbursed already by the Office of Student Affairs.
• Individuals who require emergency funds for medical treatments for themselves or their close family members.
• Individuals who require emergency funds for basic livelihood needs in the event of the loss of an earning member/members of the family or the mode of income being altered in a long lasting way.
The Process and Criteria, to be used to disburse proceeds from these funds will be as follows:
• The individual can reach out to any SG member or write an email to email@example.com with a clearly outlined reason regarding the requirement for funds. If the requested amount falls under the category of a form of reimbursement, may it be for travel/medical, the applicant will have to provide for receipts confirming the same.
• If the requested amount is below 20,000 rupees, the House will directly transfer the amount to the applicant’s account.
• In cases where the amount left in the fund is low and there are multiple requests, requests will be processed on a first come first serve basis.
• Either (A) If the requested amount is greater than 20,000 rupees, any amount left above and beyond 20,000 would be dispensed from the fund based on their percentage of Aid bracket. (The information about the percentage of aid will be kept confidential by all means. If the amounts are insufficient to help the applicant, the SG, with the consent of the individual, will do a separate fundraiser for them. The same would apply for students not on aid.) or (B) If the request is over the 20,000 limit, the Student Government will help all individuals who require the extra funds by organising a separate fundraiser specifically for the requestee, in which we can raise the amounts over and above the 20,000 limit.
Through the fundraiser we hope to raise a sum of at least 5 Lakh Rupees. All proceeds donated will go to students who require it. Our vision for this fund is to make it a long term fund, not one just for Covid. We believe that through this fund, we can help individuals who require funds on an urgent basis and may not have other avenues to get the fund.
Ashoka University Student Government