From the age of 8, I have been following my dreams and I have been enhancing my skills gradually over the years, and with the help of the strong foundation and the experiences that I have with classical dances, I've been broadening my horizon by studying different styles of Indian dances and evolved as a versatile dancer and choreographer. I have done many solo and group performances, developed theatre shows and conducted workshops in India as well as in Europe for the pure joy of spreading the rich old Indian traditional arts and culture to the world.
My teaching career began in 2010 when I was still in college. I started teaching dance and music as a part-time job to help me support my educational and personal expenses. I worked as a dance and music tutor in pre-schools, activity centres, high schools and have also taken individual home tuitions and online classes. After my Bachelor's, I enrolled for Master’s degree in India but due to my family's financial situation, I couldn’t pursue it at that time and had to discontinue. That’s when I founded “Siddhi Kala Academy of Indian Art’s” www.siddhikalaacademy.com in 2016 for dance and music. Other than teaching at my own academy, I also work as a music and dance instructor and choreographer in “NPS International School” in Chennai.
During my college days, I volunteered for the NGO “Bharathi Trust” by teaching dance and music for rural tribal children of Irula community, to develop thematic performances and shows based on their day-to-day life, portraying the struggles they face due to the caste discrimination and untouchability. I have also engaged myself in choreographing various street plays for poor children and women with the NGO “Centre for women’s development and research” to educate the public about the importance of eliminating violence against women and girl children’s rights. I should also mention here that the impact I had through this sensational experience was incredible as it made me realize that I could do something powerful and useful to the society with the knowledge I have gained in dance and it gave a strange sense of ease with a refreshing joy and pride.
Over the past few years of my teaching experiences, I have handled students of different age groups, right from 3 to 70 years old and some of them require special attention; like kids with lack of concentration, anger issues, stressed out with studies or their family issues, working people who are depressed because of their job or life, even mentally or physically unstable people. I have witnessed first-hand, what dance or music or any other form of art for that matter, could do to every single one of them and its truly astounding. It has the power to heal people inside and out, can make one more expressive about their feelings, help them cope up with their stressful life and can even change a person’s difficult life forever.
During my recent visit to Europe last year, I came across dance therapy and was so excited about this idea of connecting the body and mind through movements to control or relieve the stress and anxiety of a person. After I returned to India I started reading about it a lot, did research and finally ended up wanting to become a dance therapist. India is not only rich in culture, tradition and heritage but a variety of dance styles too. We have dance for almost every emotions; either a wedding or a funeral. We have different ways to express ourselves through dance. This motivated me to study Dance Movement Therapy, where i can use my knowledge for a good cause.
Tuition fees: 7440 EUR ($ 9108)
Registration fees : 650 EUR ($ 796)
Food and Accommodation : 8400 EUR ($ 10284) [As per government norms I should show 700 EUR/month to attain visa]
TOTAL: 16490 EUR ($ 20188)
In India we don't take help for free and I would like to offer my generous donors a meaningful gift from India as a token of my gratitude.
1. +5 USD or EUR - A big hug from India.
2. +15 USD or EUR - Thank you card from India.
3. +50 USD or EUR - A small souvenir from India.
4. +100 USD or EUR - A surprise gift from India and you are invited to attend one of my dance workshops for free.
5. +150 USD or EUR - You+1 are invited to attend one of my workshops and performance in Europe or in India for free and free traditional Indian food is provided for both.
6. +300 USD or EUR - You can ask me to buy some things that you wish to have from India, like spices or accessories or clothing if it suits to my budget. If you have no idea, you can let me choose too. :)
7. +500 USD or EUR - Weekly once, I will take Indian dance lessons for you or your family or friends, 1 hour each for 2 month and are invited to perform with me during one of my show for few mins.
8. +1000 USD or EUR - You will get 6 and 7 combined and homemade Indian food for your family during the session.
9. +5000 USD or EUR - You can have all the above and a lifetime of homemade Indian food. :)
Hugs and kisses,