It is ironic that farmers, despite toiling throughout the year are gradually pushed to take the extreme step of committing suicide. Such inhumane and deplorable situation of farmers are due to a number of factors like crop failures, indebtedness, rising production costs and decreasing productivity etc. The high drought proneness of the region aggravates the situation even further.
Acknowledging the critical situation and the need for systematic interventions, Krushi Vikas has been working on climate resilient agriculture, natural resource management, livelihoods diversification, promotion of Community Based Organizations in the region.
Krushi Vikas has been supporting the farming community through capacity building, field demonstrations, exposure visits on the following aspects:
- Reducing production cost
- Collectivized purchase of agri-inputs
- Introduction of package of practices and best practices
- Facilitating credit and market linkages
- Access to affordable tools and technologies
- Facilitating processing and value addition
- Promoting enterprise development and diversified livelihoods
- Promoting climate resilient agriculture
- Enhanced convergence of government schemes
With the mission of supporting a greater number of distress farmers, Krushi Vikas aims to strengthen its endeavor by upgrading the existing training infrastructure.
- Upgradation of training hall
- Construction of hostel for women farmers trainees
- Construction of separate toilet blocks for women farmer trainees
- Construction of Canteen facilities
- Creation of farming demonstration models within the training centre