1. Let you know the exact location of where your trees are planted (GPS coordinates of farmland)
3. Follow-up with the farmer for 2 years until the trees become self -sustainable
All it takes is Rs.100/$1.5 per tree. (Including post planting care and re-plantation for 2 years till your trees become self sustainable). You will receive your tree certificate & farmer details in April 2020
Key Milestones of Isha Project GreenHands (PGH)
1. PGH is the recipient of India’s highest environmental award – Indira Gandhi Pariyavaran
2. PGH has been awarded Tamil Nadu Government’s State Environmental Award
3. PGH created a Guinness record for having planted maximum number of saplings (852,587 saplings)in 6,284 location across 27 districts with people participation
4. Annually, 3.5 million saplings of 60 different varieties are grown in 35 nurseries and planted by people thus increasing green cover.
5. To date, PGH has involved more than 2 million volunteers and enabled planting of 33 million saplings since its inception in 2004
Why am I getting my tree details only in April? Why can't I track my trees immediately?
We are raising funds for trees to get planted this year. Plantation will happen after the onset of monsoon between the months of August - December. In the months of Jan & Feb our agro-forestry team will go on follow-up visit to the farmland and get us farmer photos & data. From our database, we will be assigning trees and tree codes to all the participants in the month of March. So by 1st April, 2020 you will get to know the details of your trees.
Can I choose the tree species?
No. Even Project GreenHands team does not choose the species. Our agroforestry team will educate the farmer about the benefits of multicropping and suggest a combination of fruit trees, timber trees and fodder trees. But, it is upto the farmer to decide what he wishes to grow in his farmland.
Where is the project happening?
At the moment, the scope of the project is Tamil Nadu, India.
As someone who has donated and is interested in this campaign, how can I help? What can I do?
Many people may get inspired just by seeing your enthusiasm for the project. You could create your own campaign page and share that link with your friends and colleagues. You will be surprised to see many people joining hands with you.
100,000 trees in 2019. Let's make this happen 😄