Why am I Fundraising?We all know Farm Economics of marginal farmers is in bad array. There are multiple reasons why it is so, to name a few, crop diseases, draught, floods, lower price for farm produce, issues with supply chain and higher input costs.
Agrowbook is working on Agri based ICT solutions on supply chain and information disseminations. Our approach of broadcasting the Agricultural Audiovisuals on Agrowbook has been sucessful and more than 24,600 progressive farmers benefitted with these videos that too in just 4 months of time. This validates the power of new age communication and how it can Benfits the farmers.
With help of ICT and affordable smart phones we are destined to enable farmer to report the crop diseases or issues with his/domestic animal just by taking pictures and sending it to experts over the web. This way farmers can get solutions from experts in real time in localised languages.
These solutions from experts can save their crops or domestic animals and improve the farm economics to save farmers from going bankrupt to some extent.
We have planned this solution to serve globally with intention of building a GLOBAL REPOSITORY of FARM ISSUES, INSECTS, PESTS and DISEASES which will be crowdsourced. We see this database of becoming a solution to enviournmental challenges. Will help us to understand ever changing insects life Cycles, will be able to discover new species not known to us or those which are evolving. Application will be able to be help farm practitioners to better manage the crop life cycle.
What do I plan to do with the funds?
Technology Development INR 250,000 or $3920 (Already Started)Technology Dissemination and institutional Tieups INR 300,000 or $4700
FAQs1) What is the history of the people who are trying to achieve this?
Team Agrowbook.com is a group formed by 3 individuals with 26 Years of IT, Business Analysis and Management experince who has farming background lead by Subhash Lode who quit his fat salaried job at $2.1 billion organization to start Agrowbook.com (Agricultural Growth Book).
Subhash Lode has started life as son of Marginal Farmer in Yavatmal ( infamous district for farmer suicides in Maharashtra). He worked as Milk Delivery Boy,daily wager, farmer, even with these situations he completed his graduation in Engineering and started working as Lecturer in Engineering college in Mumbai. Later he switched his career to ERP Consulting, promoted to Strategic Business Analysis Manager where he was leading Market Intelligence, Spend Analysis and Data management streams. Subhash worked in US,UK,Netherlands and Dubai during his consulting work, He was associated with Harsco, Unisys, Hexaware like organizations. He has his roots to Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Yavatmal and Kathua in J&K.
2) We heard that there are Kisan Call Centres which are helping farmers to get solutions; then why this solution is required?
Yes, it works partially. Just Imagine a situation where farmer has to explain what pest has attacked his crop and how plant or leaves are infected. Beleive me only few will be able to do that. I mean those who has real experience of knowing the scienftic name of the pest and you can think who all knows it. they know some of the names but in local languages and how a person at call centre will be able to understand with such a BioDiversity in Place in this World.
We believe that a picture speak a thousand words and by taking few pictures of the pests, infected plant, leaves, roots & surounding area is going to explain complete situation and then a expert can easily can match up and give the required solution to farmer.
3) Hey I am a techie, lived in urban and this is nothing to do with me?
Well, many of us take our kids for walk, specially we love to go to gardens and kid innocently put us in googly by asking a question Dad/Mom can you please tell me name of this plant? or What that insect is called as?
Even though I am a farmer and know many species but few questions remains un-answered and I get the feeling that by not answering that question I am killing his instinct of asking questions.
With this application and database on board we will be able to search the plant and if not found, we can just click a picture to post on platform which will be responded by experts. It just enhances our and next generations knowledge.
4) How team Agrowbook are going to repay the amount?
Agrowbook has multiple solutions which are used by people across the world and soon will be into revenue generation mode. With the revenues collected from these sources will be used in repaying the funds collected on Milaap platform.
5) Has Agrowbook team contributed their money for Agriculture cause
Agrowbook team has invested money from their savings in establishing the technology mentioned in below section, which is already up and serving thousand of progressive farmers in written and Audio and Visual format. Providing information on success Stories, New techniques and government Schemes.
6) I would like to know more on Agrowbook.com
Please visit Agrowbook.com and explore below modules
1) AgrowTube: Agri Based collection of Best practices, knowledge, new technology, motivational and success story videos (Live)
2) AgrowList : Listing of AgriBusinesses, Universities,Colleges,Personalities and you can interact with them (Live, We are joined by businesses
3) Forums: Govenment schemes, free training Cources and other useful information
4) AgriProfiles: Work in Progress
5) AgrowJobs: Work in Progress
6) Q&A on Agri and allied sectors: Work in Progress and this campaingn is for this cause
7) Marketplace: Price discovery platform for farm inputs, farmers will be able to save 10% to 50% of the farm input cost which will help them to reinvest the money in farm activities and will keep them away from possible loans. We expect farmer suicides to go away with this model, we are also planning to approach the governments on this approach.
7) I want to be part of mission Agrowbook.com
Please get versed with Agrowbook.com concept HERE and then you are welcome
to write an email to email@example.com with your thoughts