AeroUnwired is a part of the club Unwired of the college NIT Calicut.Our team is composed of a group of students who possess an extreme passion for designing and flying all sorts of aircraft and have actively encouraged aero-modelling and aeronautics through various workshops and competitions. In our quest for technical excellence, we have undertaken various engineering projects and competitions apart from conducting workshops at various schools, helping young minds develop their scientific acumen.
- Design and fabrication of numerous fixed-wing aircrafts with different structural features.
- Design and fabrication of our own quadcopter, which was also featured in the print media.
- Design and fabrication of hovercraft.
- Design and fabrication of auto-gyro.
- Design and fabrication of boomerangs, hot-air balloons and other such miscellaneous flying machines
- Aircraft control using gyroscopes
- Oblique wing aircraft and swing wing aircraft
- Wingtip propulsion
- Active flow control technology
- Wings with variable angle of incidence
1) SAEINDIA Aero Design Challenge 2016 Achievements:
- 3rd prize for Best Design Report Award
- 1st prize for Best Flight Award
- 1st prize for Best Presentation Award
- 1st prize for Best Overall Award
- Cash prize worth Rs.10000/-
- 2nd prize for Best Presentation Award
- 4th prize for Best Overall Award
- Development of a Cyclogyro, Hovercraft, Solar-powered aircraft and Quadcopter.
- Participation in SAE ADC 2018 and Hoverone- Pragyan 2018
Unfortunately, a major problem in participating in the above events is the lack of funds. Aero-Unwired intends to take part in the SAE ADC 2018 and Pragyan 2018. The team requires money for the fabrication of the plane, which requires balsa and for the electronic components which are used to control the plane. We are also involved in community projects for which we are short of money. Both events are coming soon and we need to start on these as soon as possible.
How your money will be spent?
We need to place orders for the balsa wood, battery, motors and engine for the fabrication of the SAE 2018 plane. All this requires a cost of Rs. 20,000. We also require a solar panel and MPPT for the solar powered aircraft, with an estimated cost of Rs. 25,000. We also require Rs. 35,000 for the quadcopter frame, battery, propeller and motor.
Any amount is greatly appreciated. This money will help us accomplish our project goals and help advance our society.