Help this amazing school (Rose Land Primary School), established by one single woman from rural India, for the children of extremely poor families.
Ajita Toppo , a tribal lady in a remote village of North Bengal, used to teach the children of poor tea garden workers ,free of cost since 1997.
Full Postal Address: house C 148, nandu more, Nagrakata, WEST BENGAL , 735225, India, Phone: 9635506264
Despite being from a very low income family she was educated and loved to teach and help others. Gradually many students , attracted by her good teaching style and no demand for money. To make sitting arrangement for increasing number of students , she had to change her teaching place five times. When number of students reached more than 70 , she called all guardians of the students and decided to start a school. A school committee was made , she managed to find a rented house to run the primary school (kindergarten to class 4). She started taking only 20 rupees from every student to run the school.
The number of students started increasing further. The rented house was not sufficient to accommodate all the students. In 2014 a local person, Sunil Kujur , donated a piece of land for the school. After one year “Faith in God” mission helped to raise a school building in that land.
The fees of the school is still very less (monthly rupees 150). Ajita Toppo, her daughter Jaya Toppo and few young people from that area working and teaching for the school.
As all the 140 students , who study there, belongs to very poor family . The school fee is not sufficient to meet the need of the school. The main problem they are facing now are:
1) Unable to build 4 toilets for teachers and students.
2) Unable to pay the sufficient wages to teachers .
3) Unable to arrange school vehicle and give school boundaries.
4) Unable to perform all school activities .
5) Unable to buy a computer and projector to display educational content from internet.
Currently provide some unique facilities which no other school provide with help from Maha Jiban
), a NGO , which donated following for our school, which every student have access :
1) Lego Building blocks : Lego toys are famous in the whole world . Students use Lego bricks to make buildings , cars and many more creative model. It improves their thinking and construction skill. They innovate new things.
2) iPad for showing educational contents , playing maths games, listening to rhymes .
3) Many colorful crayons for drawing.
4) Badminton sets for outdoor activities.
5) Abacus for learning math.
6) Free WiFi Internet connection to access educational content.
In spite of all problems , the guardians are happy to send their children to the school because the quality of education is very satisfactory to them. Kindly help Ajita Toppo , so that this school can survive.All pictures and videos can be found on :
https://goo.gl/photos/6iz9yH9UGcGZD1MG9Youtube playlist for this school: