For us, having a smartphone is the norm. For them, it’s a portal to learn, something which helps them mobilise upward in society. Less than 50 entry level smartphones with internet connectivity can transform the lives of many families by enabling them to continue their children’s education online. Let’s make it happen.
Goal & Fundraising amount
Providing smartphones & internet access (through SIMs) to students who don’t have any device at home to attend online classes.
Devices required (approx.) (A) = 45
Cost per smartphone + 3 months internet (B) = ₹7,000
Total corpus required (A*B) = ₹315,000
Funds already raised by school (C) = ₹63,000 (Approx.)
Funds required (A*B – C) = ₹250,000
Beneficiary A/C to which funds are going is of school itself.
- Purchase of phones & SIMs through a dealer by school (As soon as purchase is done, we will share the receipts).
- All purchases will be in the name of school & will be school property.
- After normalcy resumes, phones will have to be returned to school - This establishes accountability from the point-of-view of students & their families.
- Pre-made videos are available by TFI for helping students attend classes (tutorials).
- A TFI Fellow is in touch with all these students and is already teaching them through conference audio calls. She has already assisted several students in accessing online classes and has agreed to do the same for these students as well.
We plan to track the following parameters for students after giving them smartphones:
- Class attendance
- Submissions (homework) on time
- Test scores before & after disbursement (compared to last year tests)
- Parent teacher's meeting will be conducted regularly to not just discuss about student outcomes but to check on the family's well being too.
We plan to share all the receipts with our donors and further, the impact their contribution made through various statistics related to improvement in attendance, learning outcomes, etc.
No amount is small and every penny counts.
Spread the word. Every effort helps :)
If you have any questions or would just like to know more, feel free to connect with us,