Fundraise for a Cause with Milaap : the Best Crowdfunding Site | Milaap
6th June 2017
Urgent update!

We want to thank everyone for their contributions and all the effort that has gone in to help us reach the 1.5 lakhs! However, it looks like we might be running short on time!

As many of you already know, Mary had an appointment with her doctor today and her condition is deteriorating. The swelling and pain has suddenly spiked, and her doctors believe that it would be best to operate at the soonest. Any further delays only increase the risk of the aneurysm bursting, and causing permanent and life threatening damage. Hence, tomorrow morning Mary will undergo one final test and if it is safe, she will be immediately taken into surgery. Otherwise, we will have to wait till the 15th for the surgery.

In case Mary goes into surgery tomorrow, she will be required to pay 50% of the cost upfront. She is currently seeking treatment at a government hospital called Jayadeva who have given us an estimate of 3 lakhs. While we have enough money to cover the initial 50%, we still have to raise a lot more. We are also currently talking to hospitals in Bangalore to see if we can get a free/subsidized operation. However, we will not be able to finalise on that aspect by tomorrow.
 
Keeping all of this in mind, I would like to request you to reach out to your friends and family, and ask them to make a contribution! It might take a little pushing but we believe that helping to save someone's life is worth that effort!
Urgent update!

We want to thank everyone for their contributions and all the effort that has gone in to help us reach the 1.5 lakhs! However, it looks like we might be running short on time!

As many of you already know, Mary had an appointment with her doctor today and her condition is deteriorating. The swelling and pain has suddenly spiked, and her doctors believe that it would be best to operate at the soonest. Any further delays only increase the risk of the aneurysm bursting, and causing permanent and life threatening damage. Hence, tomorrow morning Mary will undergo one final test and if it is safe, she will be immediately taken into surgery. Otherwise, we will have to wait till the 15th for the surgery.

In case Mary goes into surgery tomorrow, she will be required to pay 50% of the cost upfront. She is currently seeking treatment at a government hospital called Jayadeva who have given us an estimate of 3 lakhs. While we have enough money to cover the initial 50%, we still have to raise a lot more. We are also currently talking to hospitals in Bangalore to see if we can get a free/subsidized operation. However, we will not be able to finalise on that aspect by tomorrow.
 
Keeping all of this in mind, I would like to request you to reach out to your friends and family, and ask them to make a contribution! It might take a little pushing but we believe that helping to save someone's life is worth that effort!
5th June 2017
Hello, everyone! First of all, we would like to thank you for your support and generosity. Although we have only been able to raise 1/4th of the operation cost, it has been humbling to see so many people contribute to this cause!

We also wanted to share a small update about the operation date! The surgery had to be delayed because Mary's thyroid levels are not within the prescribed range and operating right now would be too risky (The doctor's prescription advising the same has been attached). We will be going for a follow-up tomorrow (Tuesday, 6th June) and will keep everyone informed about what happens!

We are hoping that this gives us more time to collect funds! So please do share this link and get people to pitch in. Even a small amount does a long way :) 
Hello, everyone! First of all, we would like to thank you for your support and generosity. Although we have only been able to raise 1/4th of the operation cost, it has been humbling to see so many people contribute to this cause!

We also wanted to share a small update about the operation date! The surgery had to be delayed because Mary's thyroid levels are not within the prescribed range and operating right now would be too risky (The doctor's prescription advising the same has been attached). We will be going for a follow-up tomorrow (Tuesday, 6th June) and will keep everyone informed about what happens!

We are hoping that this gives us more time to collect funds! So please do share this link and get people to pitch in. Even a small amount does a long way :)